|This post contains affiliate links.|
Are you looking to buy a new Baby Floor Seat? You have come to the right place.
In the following article we will look at the best baby seats on the market.
Wheter it be normal, with a tray or even a lounge chair for infants, we have reviewed the most interesting baby floor seats from brands like Jumbo, Fisherprice or Hugaboo. (Update 2020)
Now, without furter ado, lets get started!
- [REVIEWED] The 8 Best Baby Floor Seats in 2020
- Ingenuity Baby Base
- Fisher Price Sit Me Up Floor Seat without Tray
- Summer Infant 3-Stage Deluxe SuperSeat
- Fisher Price Sit Me Up Floor Seat With Tray
- Bumbo Floor Seat
- Best Value – Bumbo Multi Seat
- Fisher Price Premium Sit Me Up Floor Seat
- Boppy Baby Chair with Tray – Great for children under 1 year old
- Studying is about trying
- When to go for a baby floor seat?
- What To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Baby Floor Seat
[REVIEWED] The 8 Best Baby Floor Seats in 2020
This is one stylish chair! It weighs a respectable 6 pounds which means you can easily carry it with you wherever you go. The maximum weight of this Ingenuity Baby Base is designed to support is 110.2 pounds, which should comfortable cover most infants, babies, toddlers and young children.
You can order this in slate, peacock blue, poppy, pink flambé or ultramarine green. Not only does the seat look good but it will fit with your home color scheme!
- Foam insert to ensure comfort for your baby
- Removable tray which can be stored under the seat making it difficult to lose it. Released via buttons on the side of the seat.
- Solid base to increase strength and stability
- High back and adjustable to suit toddlers as well.
- Seat is wipe clean, helping to ensure it remains hygienic and attractive.
- 3 point harness to keep your baby safely in the chair
- Locking system to enable you to attach the floor seat to a standard dining room chair. This is useful at home and at the restaurant.
- Small enough to carry in your boot.
User reviews of this baby floor seat are exceptionally good, 87% of users give it 4 or 5 stars. In fact there appears to be very few issues with this seat making it one of the best baby floor seats on this list.
- Straps can be short, you may struggle to get them to fit round your baby and replacement ones cannot be purchased.
- Larger babies will rock the seat and could tip it over when on the floor.
This seat I a completely different style to the first one on our best baby floor eats list. It is bright and colorful which will help it to appeal to your baby. The fact that it has a panda on it will probably help your baby to like the chair. It also includes hook on toys to improve your baby’s hand to eye coordination.
The seat weighs 5.4 pounds which is light enough to be easily carried with you. It measures 31 inches by 15.6 inches by 4.6 inches.
A nice touch when ordering this seat from Amazon is the ability to have it without the frustrating packaging; enabling you to start using it straight away!
- The seat is designed to help support your baby which can encourage them to sit up unaided.
- Very easy to fold up and carry with you virtually anywhere.
- The seat pad can be removed and put into the washing machine for cleaning as often as required.
- Toy rail to help keep your baby amused while you’re busy.
- Soft foam padding to ensure comfort and a mat to catch debris.
- Large base prevents tipping.
- Not only a panda as design choice but also a frog, lion or monkey
This offering from Fisher Price has been exceptionally well received. In fact 91% of owners give it 4 or 5 stars. There are very few cons which have been mentioned or can be linked with this chair.
- Cushioning is not as soft as it could be.
- Leg area is a little tight, designed for smaller babies.
- Difficult to move once your baby is in it.
Summer Infant has gone all out in a quest to create the best baby floor seats of all time. This circular creation is bright, full of toys and virtually guaranteed to keep your baby happy while you take care of business!
A particularly good feature of this chair is that it can be readily converted from a support seat to an activity chair and then to a booster seat. It weighs 6.1 pounds and measures 21 inches by 33 inches by 22.2 inches.
- Soft foam padding to ensure your baby is comfortable.
- Foam inserts act as guide for sitting up; helping your baby to learn.
- 6 toys on an overhead bar which can be easily detached.
- Tray can be removed if desired.
- Two cup holders built into tray.
- Tray rotates round the seat to enable your baby to ^lay with all the different activities.
- 3 point harness to keep your baby safe.
- Removable foam insert to allow for growing children
- Straps to fasten chair to dining room chairs.
The Summer Infant 3 Stage Deluxe is a very versatile and practical chair and definitely a contender for the best baby floor seats award.
- Users have complained that the seat feels cheaply made.
- Design great but the operation of the chair is not always smooth.
- Leg openings could be wider.
This is the same in principle to the Fisher Price offering featured second on this list. The main difference is evident in the description; this floor seat has a tray. The design is excellent. A lion’s head sits behind your baby’s head, helping them to enjoy the experience of sitting in the chair. The lion is orange which contrasts well with the green of the floor piece and the tray.
Surprisingly the price of these two infant chairs is remarkably similar which makes this potential the best value of our best baby floor seats review guide.
The chair weighs 6.4 pounds, including the tray and measures 21 inches by 16 inches by 6 inches and is designed to accommodate babies up to 25 pounds.
- Soft support to help your baby sit up.
- Tray is removable.
- Lion feet on floor pad make fun noises to help keep your baby amused.
- Tray can be stored underneath seat
- Wide base to ensure seat is stable for your baby
- Folds flat so that you can carry it with you when going out.
- Fisher Price warranty and quality guaranteed.
- Size of chair is limiting even for small babies.
- Reports that babies have been able to get out of the chair.
- Lack of belt to strap your baby into the chair.
Bumbo is one of the most well known names in the world of baby floor seats. In fact it is generally considered to be responsible for the revival of interest in these useful and practical type of seats.
This seat can be purchased in blue, pink, duck egg, gray, green, violet and even aqua. There is certain to be something which appeals to both you and your baby! It weighs just 2.9 pounds and measures 15 inches by 15 inches by 9.2 inches, making it very easy to carry anywhere with you.
- Ergonomically designed to provide comfort and support while your baby sits up.
- Can be used anywhere, light enough to take with you.
- Robust and stable in all situations
- Built in safety belt
- Perfect for playtime or feeding.
- Can be sat in a dining chair but is held in place by its own weight and design.
- Made of foam for safety.
- No strap to hold it to a chair.
- Baby must be able to hold their head up before they can use it.
- Tight fit or uncomfortable for larger babies.
- No tray
Bumbo have taken their legendary Infant Bumbo floor seat and built on it to ensure they have a product capable of competing with the best that Fisher Price has to offer! The Bumbo multi seat can be purchased in blue, green or pink. This should keep most children happy.
This is one of the best baby floor seats of 2020 as it has multiple functions and yet a classic, sleek and easy to clean design. The color is splashed across the top half of this chair; the remainder of it is white. It weighs a reasonable 4.2 pounds and measures 13 inches by 13 inches by 1 inches. This makes it small enough and light enough to carry anywhere with you.
- Multi use; you can use it as a floor seat, booster seat or feed your baby in it.
- Removable tray for easy access and to make sure it suits your needs.
- Plastic outer and soft foam seating part ensures your baby’s comfort.
- Encourages upright sitting.
- The base is adjustable to ensure it remains stable regardless of the age or weight of the child in the seat.
- Harness to hold baby in place.
- Harness to fasten seat to the chair.
- Removable foam inset can be washed.
- Tray stores on back of the seat.
- When used as a floor seat it is on the floor and your baby will probably be able to push themselves over. They need to be monitored if the seat is not strapped to a chair.
- Users have reported problems with the insert coming out too easily and the straps getting snagged.
It’s not surprising to find Fisher Price appearing in the 8 best baby floor seats twice. They are one of the oldest and most respected floor seat manufacturers in the world. This particularly offering has a cushioned insert to help support your baby’s head. It looks like an owl which adds a touch of fun for your child, and you. The seat is a neutral pale gray color with patterns on the floor support. It looks really chic!
It weighs 7 pounds and measures 21 inches by 16 inches by 6.2 inches which makes it a good sized for home or to take put with you; with a little effort it can be folded to facilitate storage or travel.
- Tray clips onto the front for food and play activities. This can be removed for cleaning and storage.
- Toy rack clips to the tray and helps to keep your baby amused, especially useful when you are trying to finish your meal.
- Excellent back and head support for your little one.
- Squeaker toy and crinkle wings built into the owl insert making it fun for your child at all times.
- Seat pad can be removed and washed in your machine when necessary.
- Stable base to help support your baby whatever activity they are doing.
In fact there have not yet been any reviews on Amazon regarding this product. However, judging by Fisher Price’s design and build quality and their range of other products there are likely to be few issues with this baby floor seat.
- Not yet tested by genuine users, the feedback will be interesting.
This versatile best baby floor seats offering looks excellent in gray with baby elephants walking across it. The seat has an insert to aid comfort and make it easy to keep clean. It should be noted that this is designed for a variety of uses and can be easily carried with you as it weighs just 5.2 pounds and measures a comfortable 14.8 inches by 14.6 inches by 8.4 inches and can be used for 3 months upwards.
- Adaptable; the chair has a skid proof bottom for use as a floor seat and can quickly become a table seat.
- Straps to secure the seat to the chair.
- Harness to secure your baby into the chair.
- Removable covers which can be washed in your machine but this is not often necessary as they wipe clean in situ.
- Folds flat for storage or to carry with you. It even has a convenient handle.
- Removable tray which is dishwasher friendly.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Size is designed for babies between 3 month and 12 months. If you have a large baby then you light find it difficult to get them in or out of this chair.
Studying is about trying
Your baby is a life changer. No matter how well prepared you think you are there are many situations which you will not have considered. This is part of the excitement, frustration and overall triumph of having a baby.
The baby floor seat is a perfect example of when a little preparation can go a long way. This multi-purpose item can be a lifesaver on more than one occasion.
Let’s face it; you have probably mastered doing several things at the same time; while holding your baby. But, there are times when you still don’t have enough hands and feet and you just need to put your baby safely down for a moment.
When to go for a baby floor seat?
There is a difficult period when your baby is getting too big for the bouncy seat but still doesn’t sit by themselves as their back is not yet strong enough. The answer in this situation is the baby floor seat. It might not help your baby to learn about sitting up but it will give you the time you need to complete any task.
But the best baby floor seats will do something else; they can be carried with you and allow you to visit that café or restaurant that you use to frequent. Suddenly it won’t matter if the restaurant has a high chair or not, you have your baby floor seat, which will fit into a dining room chair just as easily as on the floor.
Of course, there are many times when you will find a baby floor seat useful. This is why you need this review guide. It will help you to discover the best baby floor seats currently on the market and choose the right one for your budget and needs. There is even a helpful guide regarding how to decide which the right baby floor seat is for you and your little bundle of fun!
After researching we couldnt find a final answer to this question. However opinions of mothers online suggest that 4 months is a good age for your baby to start using a baby floor seat.
What To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Baby Floor Seat
Buying a baby floor seat is an important decision. The right one will help your child to grow, keep them safe and can be used for several different purposes. The problem is there are so many seats on the market. Even though this list highlights the 8 best baby floor seats you still need to make the final decision.
To ensure you choose the one that suits you and your child you should consider the following factors before committing to purchasing a specific one:
The best baby floor seats can be considered to be multi-purpose. This means they are seats, booster seats and can even be used at the dining room table. However, this does not mean that a seat which performs all of these functions is the best one for you!
You need to consider the size and age of your child. A dedicated sit me up chair or a support chair with tray is perfect for a baby that has mastered holding their own head but still need support with sitting.
You might find that products like the Fisher Price or Summer Infant baby floor seats are perfect for your needs. After all, they stimulate your child and grow with them. But, the fact that there have been several concerns regarding the space for your growing child should make you consider whether a convertible chair is really the right option for you and your baby.
Other options include swivel chairs and ones with a playset or play arch. The type you choose should be based upon the age and reactions of your baby. This will help you to decide if the chair can grow them or it is better to replace it in due course.
If what you are actually looking for is an infant bouncer, check out this review guide by Babylist.
Features (Tray or no Tray?)
One look at this review guide for the best baby floor seats in 2020 and you will quickly realize that every chair has its own features. The Bumbo is one of the best chairs simply for securing your child. You can even purchase a version of this with a tray. While the tray is a useful feature it might not be necessary if the main purpose for buying the chair is to allow them to join you at the dinner table. Of course, a tray which can be removed and stored under the seat is a fantastic feature!
Other seats can be folded flat to aid carrying them or they may come with toys which can make your life as a parent easier. You should also consider the width of the base to decide how stable your floor chair will be. After all, the idea is to be able to put your child in it safely. (without them toppling ove) To sum it up, you don’t want to be watching them every second they are in their floor chair.
Another valuable feature which is worth considering is whether the chair has a harness for your baby and whether it can be fastened to a conventional chair to make meal times more pleasurable.
The best baby floor seats can cost in excess of $100, but you can also find viable contenders for less than $50. It is important to consider the funds available to you before you decide whether you want a Bumbo, Fisher Price or an Ingenuity.
Of course, as a parent you want the very best for your child. But, you also need to be realistic. You must work out how much you can afford to spare and then buy the best baby floor seat you can afford.
There are many different options regarding where you can purchase the best baby floor seats. Amazon is an excellent choice as you will find good write-ups of the seats and you will be able to look through reviews from users.
Ebay will also provide you with the same level of information and you should get comprehensive warranty and returns information. Although these methods will not allow you to feel the product before you purchase it you will have access to an array of pictures.
The other advantage of ordering online is that you will find it very easy to search on a price range and even compare the prices of seats through different suppliers. This will allow your money to go further.
Baby floor seats are generally made from plastic and have foam inserts to ensure your baby is comfortable. However, this is not always the case. It is possible to have a seat made entirely from foam or even to create one from another material, such as wood.
The best material for a baby floor seat is one which can be easily wiped clean or can be removed and washed thoroughly. You may also wish to evaluate the green credentials of the manufacturer to decide if the best baby floor seats actually agree with your environmental concerns.
It is important to check the material as you will want your baby to be comfortable when sat in the chair. But, the chair also needs to be solid enough to deal with the activities of your typical child. This is why many of the chairs are created from plastic. The best quality materials will provide you with a longer lasting chair.
The two most well known brands of baby floor seats are Fisher Price and Bumbo and you may wish to purchase one of these simply because of their name. However, it is worth considering other brands of seats. Several of the ones on this best baby floor seats are incredibly good seats despite being created by lesser known brands like Hugaboo.
This just goes to show that you can’t judge a book by its cover. While a branded product is likely to be high quality it does not mean it is the best one for your needs or the best baby floor seat available.
A good way of looking past the brand is to look at the reputation of each product. Any baby floor seat which appeals to you can be entered into the internet and you will find review sites and independent reviews from people who have purchased the seat already.
Most of these reviews can be obtained by looking at social media sites although you can also find a good range of information on forums. It is important to note there will always be some users who have nothing good to say about a specific seat. This does not make it a bad seat but does mean someone has had a bad experience.
Instead of letting it put you off you should look at the overall picture and the number or percentage of people who are happy with the baby floor seat. This will give you an honest opinion of each product and can help you to make the right decision.
There is no doubt that baby floor seats are a useful item to have as your child grows. However, there are many factors which need to be considered before you can commit to a specific seat. It is important to consider the different features, budget and even your intended use before you commit to buying the best baby floor seats.
This review guide should have helped you to understand what options are available to you and which might be the best for you to choose.
The Bumbo floor seat wins our award for best value while the Boppy baby chair steals the award for best floor seat for children under one year old. These best baby floor seats awards highlight the differences in the products available. The perfect solution for you is not necessary the perfect solution for your best friend.
You need to look at this best baby floor seats review guide and decide which of these 8 floor seats will suit you best. One of these will be the right one for you and your family. If you find this review guide useful then feel free to share it with your friends; the more people that we can help to locate the best baby floor seats the better!
Also, make sure to check out our post about the KORE Pattented Wobble Chair!
Last update on 2021-01-26